[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
North American Motorsports Pages • View topic - working tech

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: working tech
Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

the major portion of my racing related hobby right now is working as the chief of technical inspection for the Mohawk Hudson Region and the New York Region of the SCCA. if anyone in the Northeast is interested doing something like this, i'd be happy to discuss it with them. we do on-the-job training, no experience necessary, just join the club, and call central licensing in topeka and request a regional scrutineering license. show up, and we'll teach you.
it's likely that we'll have one tech party on long island and one or more around Albany in the spring, which is a chance to look at race cars being readied for the season. no membership or license would be required for this activity, it's a chance to see if you're really interested.
after that, i'll be chief of tech for an scca national race in early june at Lime Rock Park in NW Connecticut (just about june 10th). you'd need to be a member with a license there, but again, nationals are good chances to learn.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: working tech
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:49 pm 

Interested, and curious. Currently I am a certified tech inspector for NHRA Drag Racing wouldn't mind learning about the safety and tech issues surrounding SCCA, especially with the new motorsports park coming online this year in NJ. Any schedules out for NJ-Motorsports Park yet?

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

There should be a NEDiv (North East Division) schedule on the nescca web site, http://www.nescca.com/, but I can't access it from work (nasty web proxy) so I can't double check for its existence or exact location. the northeast schedule generally gets set in the fall meeting after race season ends.
The millville track looks to be very exciting, and while it'll be a long drive down for me I hope to make it to one or two races there this coming year. In particular I'd like to make a National race there if one is on the schedule.

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:50 am 
Site Admin

No luck, the 2008 schedule isn't up yet. I'd post it, but I failed to grab a copy of the provisional at the NEDiv mini-convention last month.
But wait... some Millville dates are on the North Jersey SCCA website, http://www.scca-nnjr.org/ (how could I have missed that, the site is hosted on the same server that this website lives on.) The track is actually in South Jersey, the SJR region website is here: http://www.sjr-scca.org/

Profile E-mail