[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
North American Motorsports Pages • View topic - Orangeburg Drag Strip, Orangeburg, S.C.

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Orangeburg Drag Strip, Orangeburg, S.C.
Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:03 pm 
:( May 29th was a very sad event at the Orangeburg Drag Strip in South Carolina. Dean Martin racing his ChevyII flipped and was not wearing proper saftey gear and was killed. But the truely real tragedy was his young Grandson was the only one there with him. The other part of the Tragedy was there was no Ambulance on site. It took over 30 minutes for a Ambulance to arrive to the scene.
This is not the first incident where no Ambulance was on scene. This track is rated IHRA sanction.
If the racers would refuse to go back until the owners take responsabilty and have a Ambulance on the scene at every race this will not be the last Tragedy at this track. Boycott is the only way to get this changed. It is so un fair to the Racers and there Family & Friends that the Track will not always spend the money to have a Ambulance on site.
I suggest that the IHRA investigate this Track, for saftey issues.They do not even check the saftey equipment in these racers cars.
Please be advised this is my personal oppinion and I was present when this occured.
Thank-You for your time,
her6speed@hotmail.com

Post subject: no ambulance?
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

at scca road races, we're not allowed to take the track hot unless there are several ambulances on site. i'm suprised the insurance allows what happened at orangeburg.

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:39 pm 
As of June 22, 05 Orangeburg Drag Strip is no longer listed on the IHRA site, at least someone was listening and investigated. The Orangeburg Track still says it will not always have a Ambulance on scene. The lives of the Racers and the Spectators are not of importance to the owners of this Drag Strip. :evil: I can only hope that more people take this into consideration before racing at this track. You can goto WISTV.com in S.C. and see the interview of the track owner. This info is public and should be put out there for racers to review and make there decision from there. Thank-you for listening, and enjoy racing at safe tracks. her6speed 8)

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:52 pm 
New Owner at Orangeburg Drag Strip :D .The Orangeburg Drag Strip has been sold to Buddy Boozer, and he has closed it for some much needed repairs. I am so excited to see how he will manage this track. I am so sure it will be saftey first, as he is a long time racer. I will be at the opening of the track if I have to go in a wheel chair. As I have been cleared to have a Kidney transplant. It has been a long hard road, but I traveled it, and I will keep on keeping on.Soon my Web site will be up at Yahoo under Kidney Transplant for Michelle Heape.
Thank You, Michelleaka her6speed