[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
North American Motorsports Pages • View topic - Abandoning older Tracks

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Abandoning older Tracks
Posted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

let's see... NASCAR left North Wilkesboro back in 1996, and now they're bailing out of Rockingham. i suppose this is inevitable as the series grows, but it's a shame to see a unique track like North WIlkesboro leave the circuit, and one wonders what will ultimately happen at Rockingham.
What do you, the readers, think about this?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Nazareth too, eh?
Posted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

another one bites the dust.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:42 pm 
Its sad to see this. But nascar is going for the bigger tracks and cities. I guess they have forgotten all about there roots at these small tracks. As for me this is just my thoughts. I would rather see races on short tracks there is more excitement. I understand nascar is a big money business now but I have lost alot of respect for them. I live about 30 minutes from North Wilkesboro Speedway and now there is weeds growing up through the track, Alot of these race car drivers are from North Carolina. I like what Ricky Rudd said, I don`t like where Nascar is headed. Thjese are just my thoughts and I don`t expect anyone to care what I think. But I feel like if they close all these older track they will lose alot of fans. And guess what I hope they do,.

Post subject: "new NASCAR"
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

it seems to be more about money and marketing these days, and a bit less about racing. i don't like the "new" NASCAR nearly as much as the old one.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: About the money
Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:47 am 
Did you see the race at Miami this weekend for the Championship, looked like alot of old time running to win not so much the money.Doesn't the new points system help the style of racing we see :?