[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
North American Motorsports Pages • View topic - site update strategy

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: site update strategy
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

there is a method of sorts by which this site is getting updated. there are some 300 static web pages on the site. rather than kill myself trying to do them all at once, i've settle on a more measured pace of updating 6 pages a day. at the present time, 5 of these are race track descriptions and the other is generally somewhere else in the site (right now, i'm updating the racing school/driving school pages.)
the current patter (it will change) is that i update one paved oval track page, one dirt oval page, and one road course page each day. the other two are dedicated to "NASCAR" updates, which are new pages. right now, i'm mostly through with the paved ovals that the Busch North and the West series run on. after that, i'll move on to the NASCAR "elite" series tracks, and then start looking at doing pages on the tracks that the NASCAR weekly series run on.
when these strands run out, i'll start working on various other tracks; Drag Strips and Kart Tracks are a bit neglected, and so i'll likely start doing those updates as followons.
a typical day would be what i have planned for tomorrow: updates for South Boston Speedway, Road Atlanta, Beech Ridge (Maine), Colorado National, East Windsor (New Jersey), and the page on the Jim Russell Racing School.
the plans aren't done all that far ahead. i can respond to specific requests fairly easily, if you have them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: update slowdown
Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

i'm going to deliberately slow down the updates for a short period of time. i have a new, much nicer server in preparation in the basement, and i need to take a few days to finish cloning the software installation/configuration so i can deploy it.

Profile E-mail