[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
North American Motorsports Pages • View topic - Flemington Raceway

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Flemington Raceway
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

Flemington has been inactive (under new ownership) since 2000. i'm wondering if anyone can comment on the situation there. does the track still physically exist, or have the new owners taken it down?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Flemington Raceway
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:18 pm 
Gone. Houses are there now. East Windsor closed. Wall Stadium closing after the 2005 season. I think Nazareth is also gone.

Post subject: going, going, gone
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

ah well. i'll make suitable notes in the pages for those tracks. thanks for the update.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Flemington Raceway
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:30 am 
rwelty wrote:
Flemington has been inactive (under new ownership) since 2000. i'm wondering if anyone can comment on the situation there. does the track still physically exist, or have the new owners taken it down?
flemington is still standing, who ever said it was down is crazy.it is hurting from not being used but nothing is gone,just waiting on a new and smart owner who could make a ton of money if the track is reopened,so keep you r fingers crossed.PS rumor has it that boundless motorsports is planning to buy. :wink:

Post subject: flemington 2005
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:03 am 
Site Admin

ok, thanks. i had seen that it still appeared on fairly recent aerial imagery, and was kind of wondering what was up.
i also got the impression that someone might have attempted to run some kart races there, any info on that?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:16 pm 

Any update on Flemington Speedway?

I used to live out that way and enjoyed the track very much. I know they used to have the Flemington Fair there [when the track was open] for many many years. They moved the Fair after the track closed. The track was dirt most of it's life, but I remember them paving it to satisfy the neighbors of the dust complaints. Man I'm glad I don't live in NJ any more. :roll:

Mike

Post subject: flemington is dead
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:34 am 
Site Admin

As far as i know, the track is toast.

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:40 am 

I was over there three weeks ago. The track is gone. From what I understand contsruction has been started on a Lowes and WalMart. What a shame.

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:33 am 
Site Admin

i wonder what they did with the racing museum exhibits that were under the stands.

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:12 am 

I'd like to know that too!