Memphis-Arkansas Speedway was a 1.5 mile high banked dirt oval located west of West Memphis, Arkansas.
The track opened on October 9th, 1954, and operated until 1957, when it was sold to a local farmer. The owners intended to pave the track but could not afford the $100,000 price tag, and the dirt surface proved to be unmanageable. The NASCAR Grand National circuit visited the track several times in 1955 and 1956.
|Gordon Eliot White, Lost Race Tracks: Treasures of Automobile Racing. Hudson, Wisconsin: Iconographix, 2006 , ISBN 1583880844 , pp. 11. Order from Powell's Books|
|Alan E. Brown, The History of America's Speedways: Past & Present. Comstock Park, Michigan: Brown, 2003 , ISBN 0931105617 , pp. 117. Order from National Speedway Directory|
Turns 3 Drive
Proctor, AR 72376
For information on how these aerial images work, Click Here.
Click Here for more detailed weather information.
You may also wish to try using the Yahoo! Search as it may produce current news items.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.