Miami-Fulford Speedway was a 1 1/4 mile board oval, banked at 50 degrees, located in Fulford-by-the-Sea (now North Miami Beach), Florida. The site of the oval is now occupied by the Presidential Country Club.
The track was built by Carl F. Fisher, who had previously built Indianpolis Motor Speedway; it was designed by Ray Harroun. The only race at the track was held on February 22nd, 1926, won by Peter DePaolo in the same Duesenburg which he had driven to win the 1925 Indianapolis 500. The track was destroyed in the hurricane of September 17th, 1926.
|Alan E. Brown, The History of America's Speedways: Past & Present. Comstock Park, Michigan: Brown, 2003 , ISBN 0931105617 , pp. 45,203. Order from National Speedway Directory|
|Gordon Eliot White, Lost Race Tracks: Treasures of Automobile Racing. Hudson, Wisconsin: Iconographix, 2006 , ISBN 1583880844 , pp. 26. Order from Powell's Books|
For information on how these aerial images work, Click Here.
Click Here for more detailed weather information.
You may also wish to try using the Yahoo! Search as it may produce current news items.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.