Spencer Speedway is a 1/2 mile paved oval with a 1/10 mile dragstrip on the front straightaway, located near Williamson, New York.
New: 2004-12-31 Last Updated: 2007-10-27
The 1/10 mile paved dragstrip opened in 1959. A 1/2 mile dirt oval was opened by the Spencer family on August 6th, 1955 under the name Spencers' Speedway. It was paved in late July/early August of 1962. From 1993 through 1995 it was known as Apple Valley Speedway, from 1996 to 1998 as Williamson International Speedway, and in 1999 it returned to the ownership of the Spencer family and its current name. The current owner is John White.
|Alan E. Brown, The History of America's Speedways: Past & Present. Comstock Park, Michigan: Brown, 2003 , ISBN 0931105617 , pp. 507. Order from National Speedway Directory|
For information on how these aerial images work, Click Here.
Click Here for more detailed weather information.
You may also wish to try using the Yahoo! Search as it may produce current news items.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.