Stafford Motor Speedway is a 1/2 mile paved oval located on the Stafford Springs Fairgrounds near Stafford Springs, Connecticut.
New: 2004-04-02 Last Updated: 2007-10-28
The facility at Stafford started as a horse track around 1870. The 1/2 mile dirt oval was used for cars in October of 1934. Auto racing resumed on the dirt oval after WWII in 1948, operating through 1966, with Midgets, Sprints, Stock Cars, and Modifieds. A 1/5 mile paved oval operated from May 28th, 1948 through 1952. The 1/2 mile paved oval opened in 1967. A 1/5 mile paved oval opened in 1994. In 1969 the track was purchased by Jack Arute, Sr., and it continues to be owned and operated by the Arute family.
|Allan E. Brown, The History of America's Speedways: Past & Present. Comstock Park, Michigan: Brown, 2003 , ISBN 0931105617 , pp. 185. Order from National Speedway Directory|
For information on how these aerial images work, Click Here.
Click Here for more detailed weather information.
You may also wish to try using the Yahoo! Search as it may produce current news items.
Stafford Motor Speedway is on CT Route 140, on the west side of Stafford Springs, CT.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.