Hinchliffe Stadium was the location of a 1/5 mile oval which was used intermittantly from 1934 through 1951. The stadium is located in Paterson, New Jersey.
The stadium was built in 1932. The 1/4 mile cinder track opened in 1934, and was used for motorcycle racing from August 10th, 1934 through June of 1935. When the Nutley (NJ) Velodrome was shut down, the Hinchliffe track was paved, operating from June 23rd, 1939 through 1942, and resuming after the war from 1945 through November, 1951. The stadium had been abandoned for many years but the Paterson school district (who own it) are considering rennovations.
|Allan E. Brown, The History of America's Speedways: Past & Present. Comstock Park, Michigan: Brown, 2003 , ISBN 0931105617 , pp. 462. Order from National Speedway Directory|
|Gordon Eliot White, Lost Race Tracks: Treasures of Automobile Racing. Hudson, Wisconsin: Iconographix, 2006 , ISBN 1583880844 , pp. 67.|
Paterson, NJ 07522
For information on how these aerial images work, Click Here.
You may also wish to try using the Yahoo! Search as it may produce current news items.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.