The Bridgehampton Public Road Course was used briefly after WWII. The course was located on public roads in Bridgehampton, New York, on the South Fork of Long Island.
New: 2007-09-04 Last Updated: 2015-03-26
The course was first used on June 11th, 1949, a year after the 1948 Watkins Glen Grand Prix revived US road racing after the end of WWII. The last race was in 1953, when Robert Wilder was killed in practice. New York State subsequently banned racing on state highways, leading to the construction of Watkins Glen International and Bridgehampton Race Circuit.
|Gordon Eliot White, Lost Race Tracks: Treasures of Automobile Racing. Hudson, Wisconsin: Iconographix, 2006 , ISBN 1583880844 , pp. 72. Order from Powell's Books|
|Alan E. Brown, The History of America's Speedways: Past & Present. Comstock Park, Michigan: Brown, 2003 , ISBN 0931105617 , pp. 478. Order from National Speedway Directory|
The Google map image should display an overlay showing the course route.
For information on how these aerial images work, Click Here.
Click Here for more detailed weather information.
You may also wish to try using the Yahoo! Search as it may produce current news items.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.