Hatfield Speedway was a complex consisting of a paved and a dirt oval and a 1/8 mile paved dragstrip, located on the fairgrounds in Hatfield, Pennsylvania.
The original track was a 1/2 mile dirt oval which operated from 1922 thorugh June 8th, 1941. Operations resumed after WWII in 1946, continuing to November 1st, 1953. A 1/3 mile dirt oval operated from 1952 thorugh August 11th, 1953. The 1/2 mile track reopened as a paved speedway on May 27th, 1954, operating until September 24th, 1966. A 1/3 mile dirt oval inside the paved oval operated from June 29th, 1959 through September 24th, 1966. A 1/8th mile paved dragstrip operated from October 12th, 1958 thorugh September of 1966.
|Allan E. Brown, The History of America's Speedways: Past & Present. Comstock Park, Michigan: Brown, 2003 , ISBN 0931105617 , pp. 611. Order from National Speedway Directory|
Forty Foot Road
Hatfield, PA 19440
The track was located between Forty Foot Road and Fairground Road, in approximately the area shown. The oval track in the aerial image is not the oval race track.
For information on how these aerial images work, Click Here.
Click Here for more detailed weather information.
You may also wish to try using the Yahoo! Search as it may produce current news items.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.